Week 18 to 21 - Learning with MCR Codes

My experience with @MCRcodes as a Quality Assurance Tester. This is an evening part-time coding boot camp based in central Manchester which runs for 24 weeks, from February 2018 to July 2018.

Week 18 (June 2018) - Two more weeks of curriculum left to go through, this week we have just finished off authorisation, and I am really looking forward to starting a group project from week 20, still haven't got any specific ideas but would love to work with React Native. Actually this weekend I went slightly off topic and looked into React Native and got the iOS simulator working via Xcode. My weekend work can be found here, GitHub.
Week 19 - Now we have covered all the curriculum for this course, time to use everything we have learned in the class project. Each team consists of 3/4 members and I was very pleased with the selection of projects the whole class has thought of. I generally wanted to do more than one projects, that's how many good ideas we have come up with. I was happy to be allocated to my first choice project where for the next 4 weeks, I will be working with Monzo API, an online bank service that operates through a mobile app and a prepaid debit card.
Session 1 - Heroku
Session 2 - Project Planning Tools

Week 20 - The First week into our project, where we are creating a web app which will give a reward to a user depending on the number of the card transaction made. My task was to create a back-end with mongo schema up and running. I may have spent more time than necessary making the server command line colourful, oops.
Session 1 - Class Project (Week 1) - Git Branching + Merging
Session 2 - Class Project (Week 1) - Monzo Reward Web App 

Week 21 - A few weeks back we have looked at OAuth authentication, which we have heavily relied on for the second week of our project. We have got the initial skeleton with Monzo API services up and running. The lecturers have been great at giving us support and direction.
Back to the main article

Find out more about Manchester Codes - https://mcr.codes/

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9 to 12 - Learning with MCR Codes

Week 9 - Session 1 - The Internet, the Web, HTTP